Women´s World Floorball Championships 2013
7th – 15th December 2013 (preliminary dates)
Sixteen (16) teams will compete for the title of Women´s World Champion. Five (5) countries are already directly qualified to the Final Round according to the results from the previous WFC held in St Gallen, Switzerland 2011. All results from 2011 can be found here.
The remaining eleven (11) teams for the Final Round will be decided in regional qualification tournaments, held in Europe, Asia-Oceania, and the Americas. According to the IFF Quota calculations, seven (7) teams will qualify from Europe, three (3) from Asia-Oceania, and one (1) from the Americas.
|Directly qualified from WFC 2011|
|3. Czech Republic|
Seven (7) teams will qualify from Europe. Two qualification tournaments will be held with each team playing once against all other teams in their group. The three top-placed teams from each group will qualify for the Final Round. The best fourth team** from Europe will also qualify.
|Latvia (6)*||Poland (7)|
|Denmark (9)||Russia (8)|
|Germany (11)||Hungary (12)|
|Slovakia (15)||Netherlands (14)|
|Estonia (16)||Spain (20)|
|Italy (22)||Slovenia (21)|
Three (3) teams will qualify from Asia-Oceania. One qualification tournament will be held with each team playing once against all other teams in their group. The three top-placed teams will qualify for the Final Round.
One (1) team will qualify from the Americas. One qualification tournament will be held with each team playing once against all other teams in their group. The top-placed team*** will qualify for the Final Round.
CALCULATION FOR PLACES WITHIN A GROUP
The ranking within a group shall be decided in the following order:
- The total number of points.
- If two or more teams have the same number of points the internal matches of the teams concerned, the internal goal difference included if necessary, shall be decisive.
- If the internal matches according to 1) are not decisive, most scored goals internally shall be decisive.
- If the ranking cannot be decided by the internal matches, the total goal difference of the teams concerned shall be decisive.
- If the total goal difference is not decisive most scored goals of the teams concerned shall be decisive.
- If most scored goals are not decisive a drawing of lot with the teams concerned shall settle the ranking unless the ranking concerns only the two teams playing a last round match deciding about promotion or relegation when extra time and, if needed, penalty shots shall decide the ranking.
*Numbers in brackets show the current rankings after WFC 2011.
**The calculation of the best 4th team will follow this order: 1. Average number of points 2. Average goal difference 3. Average scored goals 4. Lottery drawing.
***In the America´s qualification, if both teams are equal on points, goals and goal difference after regular time in the second game, then 10 minutes sudden death will be played. If there is still no result, then penalty shots will be taken.